I will upload a picture a day
(having problems with choosing ONE picture a day, so might upload more at the beginning)

Sunday, 21 November 2010

November 21, 2010

Today, I did a short tour around Cologne, met Katharina (who would have thought that it would happen so soon), tried another German dish, popped into the Chocolate Museum, had gluhwein and more Koelsch. It's a pity I was still feeling rather wobbly after yesterday (must have been mysterious food-poisoning or some sort of a stomach collapse).
Oh, I forgot to mention the wonderful hostel we discovered! It's called Die Wohngemeinschaft. They call themselves a hostel but it's so much more like a small hotel. Thet have only got 8 rooms, and only one of them is a dorm, others are privates. Each room was created by a young designer, and I would love to come back to Cologne just to stay in the other seven rooms. This time we stayed in the room with birch trees)
In the evening I boarded the slow regional train to Kassel, where I met four Russian-speaking families with two children each. I chatted to two of the fathers and one mother and watched the children playing Uno. I wish I'd taken a picture of them, they were all pretty sweet... Watching them made me feel somewhat lonely and wish I was going home and not to a hotel in a city I know nothing about...

No comments:

Post a Comment